Wednesday, August 7, 2013

It's our 4th full day here in Beijng, and I've wanted to post sooner, but honestly I just haven't had the energy. Adjustment to the time has been much more difficult for me this time. It may be because I'm old, or it may be because Davidson didn't want to sleep very much when we arrived!!! Our first few days have been relatively uneventful. I've been trying to learn each of the children and their medical needs, while Lauren and the kids have enjoyed spending time with the preschoolers and time in the various nurseries. As always some of the kids stand out more for various reasons  (Pictures to follow).  It's amazing how some of the babies just melt your heart instantly. Everyone asked before our trip how many I thought we would bring home.  The one good thing about the length of the adoption process is that it prevents us from loading up the plane when we leave next week.  Between Lauren and the girls they have exactly 47 "favorites". By the way there are 47 kids here.

A new child arrived Monday. Her case is a little different than most. She recently had surgery and is coming here to heal before returning to her orphanage. Also different is that her grandfather came with her to be dropped off, and that she is 8, much older than the rest of the kids here. She was tearful as the people she knew said their goodbyes.  We assessed her then her ayis took over, and she was made to feel at home quickly. It made me proud to see my girls immediately start trying to love on her. They took her snacks and candy, and before I knew it Rebecca was painting her fingernails.  Ming Yu was able to communicate with her as well. I'm pray that her fears were lessened by the love she received.

I ask that you continue to pray for Joyce Hill, the founder and medical director of New Hope Foundation.  While in rehab today she was found to have a complication of her recent cerebral hemorrhage.  My hope is that it is only a short term setback on her long road to recovery.











2 comments:

  1. So beyond proud of you and Lauren and the kids for your heart and compassion. Praying for you and all the children there. I know your family is a blessing to have there. Praying for Joyce as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You know I'm just so jealous that you are in China again so soon! Thank you for loving on these precious children. Bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete